On this page, you can find resources for darker skinned people getting laser treatments. If you have brown or black skin, you will some of the below sources of information helpful.
General Resources for People of Color
- Skin of Color Society.
- A Google search for “dark skin laser treatments“.
- A list of clinics specializing in treating people of color with lasers.
- How to reduce hyperpigmentation in dark skin.
- The best skin lightening creams.
- Malone Mukwende’s free book titled “Mind the Gap“.
- Hutano. Social networking and more for people of color discussing skin treatments.
Hair Removal for Darker Skin Tones
- A list of Nd:YAG laser manufacturers.
- An excellent free book on electrolysis, hair and skin by Michael Bono.
- Electrology3000. Half-day electrolysis treatments under local anesthesia. Multiple electrologists work on you at the same time to speed up the normally slow process.
- A Google search for “laser hair removal african american before after“. Make sure to also click on the “Images” tab.
- A Google Reddit search for “permanent hair removal dark skin reddit“.
- Some of the best at-home laser hair removal devices can treat skin that is tanned or of medium tone. But do thorough research before proceeding.